To obtain a Visa for travel to Bangladesh, please fulfil the requirements mentioned below:
Applicants must provide their email address on the application form to get updates of the applications.
1. Please fill-in the , print it and send/submit the hard copy to the Embassy with the required documents. After fixing some technical glitches, from 01 April 2022 onwards, we have again started using visa sticker instead of the manual stamp; hence it is mandatory to fill-in the online application form. If the photo is not visible in the online form after being uploaded to it, please do not worry: we shall scan and upload your photo once we receive the hard copy of your application package. While filling-in the form, please try to give as much information as you find relevant to you. If certain information could not be put properly due to technical reasons, please correct them with pen after taking the printout. After receiving your application, we shall check all your documents, log into our visa software and do the necessary corrections on your behalf. It takes around 20 minutes to complete the online visa application. You are requested to patiently wait after clicking on ‘Save and Next’ at the end of each section of the application as it often takes around 1 to 2 minutes to move on to the next section.
2. A 2’’X 2” color photograph with white background taken within the last six months (attach using glue on the top left corner box of the application form. Do not staple photo);
3. Attach existing valid passport (original passport) with a validity of at least six months;
4. Photocopy of the passport (photo page only);
5. If applicants are foreigners other than US citizens, must submit a photocopy of their valid US Visa/Green Card. US State ID or Driving License will not be considered as Proof of Residency;
6. Fees: Please pay Money Order/Cashier Check/Official Check (not older than 30 days) to the “Embassy of Bangladesh’’. Cash or Personal check or online payment will not be accepted.
Visa fee for most types of visas for ordinary US passport holder is US$160.00. For Employment/Missionary/NGO (E or E1/M/N) visa, it is US$190.00.
There is no visa fee for diplomatic/official passport holders if their application is supported by a Note Verbale.
NO REFUNDS: Fees, once received by the Embassy, cannot be refunded, even if the application is withdrawn or service cannot be rendered.
8. Tourist Visa: Hotel reservation/Letter of Invitation with appropriate contact details of the host. If the host belongs to any official/business entity, the letter of invitation has to be written on official or business pad; otherwise a copy of the NID of the host has to be attached.
9. Work Visa: Letter of employment from the employer in Bangladesh and letter of concurrence from concerned Ministry, Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA), Board of Investment (BOI), Bangladesh Export Processing Zone (BEPZA). To work (with pay/voluntary) in a non-governmental organization (NGO), the applicant should furnish a copy of a letter of appointment from the NGO with attestation by the Bangladesh NGO Affairs Bureau in Dhaka.
10. Student Visa: Letter from the concerned educational institution duly attested by the Bangladesh Ministry of Education in Dhaka and Certificate of financial guarantee.
11. Business/Meeting Visa: Letter from the employer in the United States and invitation letter from the host company in Bangladesh clearly stating the purpose of the visit. Please also include Trade License/Registration Paper or any Government issued Certificate in favour of the host organization. If you are interested to include your name in the list of interested importers from Bangladesh, please contact the Commerce Wing of the Embassy at +1-202-244-0183, Ext 324.
12. Investor Visa: Letter of recommendation from the Bangladesh Ministry of Industries or the Board of Investment (BOI) or Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA) in Dhaka.
13. Missionary Visa: Letter of appointment from the Church and “No Objection” from the Bangladesh Ministry of Religious Affairs in Dhaka.
14. Diplomatic and Official Visa: Note Verbale/letter from the concerned government office/Mission. Any direct communication from Dhaka will not be accepted, which must come via Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka.
Additional form for defense personnel and their family members .
15. Journalist Visa: Letter of request from the employer/news agency clearly stating the purpose of the visit. Persons/Network/Organization requesting for shooting/filming in Bangladesh are required to fill in Form , in addition to the visa application form.
Please note that after scrutiny of documents, the Embassy may request for an interview and/or submission of additional documents. Issuance of visa may be delayed if reference has to be made to Bangladesh for clearance.